Saturday, August 16, 2008

Exploring!

I can't believe how fast Ethan is growing up and all the new things he is learning to do.
Ever since he's been crawling he's also been digging in my kitchen drawers. He's a pretty good boy most of the time though and will open the drawer, take out one thing, and then play with it for half an hour (Tupperware bowls, candy canes...). The other day though he found the mother load...the snack drawer. He once again took out one thing, which happened to be a wrapped caramel, started to suck on it and then put it back in the drawer and closed it. I couldn't stop laughing.

He has always loved cars, but lately has taken to sitting by the front door and watching the cars go by. There is a screen in the bottom half of the door so he can hear really well, and also get soaking wet if it's raining outside... Yes, I let my child "sit in the rain" and get soaked before I realized what was going on. His whole face was wet and his onesie was soaked, but he didn't seem to mind and was still smiling and watching the cars.





Most of the time if he's hiding behind furniture it's because there's an electrical outlet or cord of some kind that he's trying to get to.
We've had to move furniture around and move our lamps around to the point that we are now sitting in the dark in the living room once the sun goes down.


Oh, yes. He has found the toilet paper and has also learned to flush the toilet. Potty training is just around the corner now :)






















His nose has actually turned orange from all the squash, carrots, and peaches he's been eating...I guess he somehow knew he needed more green in his diet. Thanks to the McLarens freshly cut lawn it was pretty easy to get a fistful and eat it.

No comments: