Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Baby Weight!

The competition is officially on!

Tenley (my co-worker at the hospital) and I decided that we needed to loose some baby weight and get healthier before getting pregnant again. So after a few phone calls back and forth, we decided to make a competition out of it at work. It gives all of us some extra incentive and motivation to become healthier, shed those extra pounds and also create a healthier work environment at the same time.

We made each participant pay a certain dollar amount and get weighed confidentially. The top three winners are going to split the pot at the end of the competition. We started April 1st and will have our final way-in's by October 1st. To make it fair, the winners will be based on percentage weight lost, not pounds lost.

It has been a lot of fun already planning activities and getting ideas from the other competitors to see what they are doing to shed those extra pounds. We are making sure that nobody is sabotaging the others by bringing in brownies and donuts, or at least encouraging each other to avoid them when they appear in the breakroom. :)

Good Luck to all of us! No matter the outcome of the competition, I'm feeling healthier and my clothes fit better already! Yeah!

2 comments:

jen said...

That's a great idea! Helps so much when the people that surround you are on the same page. It is like your own "biggest loser" competition- I love that show! Good luck, we'll be cheering for you.

p.s. I know someone that is trying to lose weight and he posts his weight on his blog every monday as accountability. I don't know if I would be that brave, but it would certainly motivate the heck out of me!

Marnee said...

This Mom can vouch that Sara is serious. When we grand-parents babysit, there is nothing but healthy eating in the house. Every cracker box has a sticki-note with points! (Steve you'll have to hide the Oreo's better...)
luv,
oma